Homemade syrups
g***@gmail.com
2019-02-02 20:47:29 UTC
I have this burning question.

Have any of you ever (or even heard of someone attempting) made mulberry syrup from the SAP of the mulberry tree, a la maple syrup?

I’m guessing that no-one’s ever attempted this since one can make excellent syrup from the berries. I’m curious, though.

Thanks, Tatsy
songbird
2019-02-03 05:46:42 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
I have this burning question.
Have any of you ever (or even heard of someone attempting) made mulberry syrup from the SAP of the mulberry tree, a la maple syrup?
I’m guessing that no-one’s ever attempted this since one can make excellent syrup from the berries. I’m curious, though.
Thanks, Tatsy
it looks like there can be a lot of variation within
these plants and that many will give a milky sap.
some claims of hallucinogenic properties for some.

from what i'm finding i would say no, but the ripe
fruits look to be ok for making syrups from.

songbird
notbob
2019-02-06 15:56:36 UTC
Post by songbird
some claims of hallucinogenic properties for some.
Could you please elaborate on that subject? ;)

nb
songbird
2019-02-06 18:05:50 UTC
Post by notbob
Post by songbird
some claims of hallucinogenic properties for some.
Could you please elaborate on that subject? ;)
that would be me via googling for mulberry.
i've not tried it myself and have only had mulberries
a few times in my life.

songbird